A Safety Manager ensures employees have a safe environment and are following proper safety procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Advisor to upper management on safety related issues and concerns.
- Assist in job safety start-up planning.
- Ensure the proper staffing of safety professionals for all regions.
- Ensure employees have necessary tools and procedures to perform work safely and are properly safety trained
- Provide guidance and leadership to subordinate safety team members by setting realistic and achievable goals and clear expectations
- Offer unlimited support and proactive solutions to job teams and employees on safety related matters
- Develop, maintain, review, update and enforce safety policies and procedures and ensure procedures are put into practice and enforced.
- Assist in injury case management.
- Conduct job safety audits.
- Participate in IIF/Safety meetings incorporate "Safety (IIF) Moments" into all meetings.
- Provide guidance and advice on Accident and Incident investigations, track indicators and metrics.
- Champion for IIF CULTURE.
- Develop corporate health and wellness program
- Attend Safety Meetings at Job Sites.
- Develop and maintain an exciting, creative and provocative "Safety Bulletin".
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an "Incident and Injury Free" work environment
- 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Ability to navigate project sites, which may include walking, climbing, bending
- Ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions
- 75-100% of time will be working outside walking the jobsite, getting on equipment
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.