Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Safety Manager for our NAVFAC Project in Cherry Point, North Carolina.
The Safety Manager assists with inspections, accident investigations, conducts safety meetings, and the overall implementation of the Project Safety and Health Program. The Safety Manager shall be responsible for compiling and maintaining necessary records, logs and other reports pertaining to safety required by the contractor, client, Federal, State and Local regulations.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Works directly with the Project Manager and the management team to develop and implement an effective site-specific safety plan.
- Assists project management in the coordination of the safety and health of subcontractor, vendor and owner personnel working on company project. Coordinates project safety programs with subcontractors. Assists in planning and coordinating work to minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damages.
- Coordinates quarterly comprehensive on-site safety audits. Periodically inspects and evaluates the project site, equipment and processes for compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations, as well as company and owner policies and procedures.
- Conducts accident investigations and completes incident reporting for Project Management review.
- Accompanies injured employees to treatment and medical evaluation. Ensures all safety protocols are followed.
- Advises Project Management on Industrial Hygiene protocols; performs Environmental Monitoring.
- Manages Company’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, ensuring proper testing for Pre-Employment, Vehicle Authorization, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, Random, and Follow-Up.
- Provides training and education to Company personnel regarding safety requirements, including coordination of new hire safety orientation programs.
- Administers the corporate SPAT process on assigned projects.
- Completes and provides a weekly safety update to the Regional Safety Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) Certification
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the construction safety field
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, and ability to prioritize, organize and manage time
- Knowledge of regulations and standards as well as hazard recognition and injury management skills
- Some travel required
- Required to stand, sit, walk, and/or climb stairs or ladders
The Walsh Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Maternity Leave Policy
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance