- Lead & facilitate the development and implementation of safety & health training & other programs & activities necessary to ensure facility safety & health compliance.
- Monitor proposed and existing safety & health regulations & legislation to determine their impact on operations. Develop & implement programs to ensure continued compliance.
- Participate in the development & implementation of Long Range Plans (LRPs), Continuous Improvement Plans (CIPs), global standards, budget & other corporate efforts.
- Establish site safety & health goals & objectives consistent with global & regional goals.
- Lead and facilitate the development & implementation of business unit safety & health improvement plans to enhance compliance & improve safety & health performance. Monitor & report progress toward achieving site goals & objectives using established safety & health metrics.
- Manage system for identifying, investigating, recording, and reporting undesired safety & health events. Ensure corrective actions are taken to fulfill regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring understanding and Communication of regulatory changes and compliance Works closely with operations in Mexico to ensure compliance to Global Safety Standards.
- Ensuring the ongoing development, maintenance, and updating of the corporate policies, procedures, and practices manuals as required
- Provide direction as required before, during, and after regulatory inspections to include the utilization of outside counsel as deemed appropriate
Training and Development:
- Maintain/provide minimum training curriculum for Corporate Safety and Health roles following the Knowledge Base Model
- Conduct regulatory training as approved by OSHA Outreach Training Programs/Country/State Regulatory as required (must get OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Training by approved Outreach Training Center – i.e Georgia Tech)
- Develops safety training material which meets the goals and objectives in achieving world class safety performance as measured by defined metrics and minimum safety requirements
- Sponsors required teams as needed to ensure ongoing development of world class processes.
- Conducts train the trainer on key safety topics as needed following the “Champions” Training model
- Conducts training on key safety topics as needed
- Works with Human Resources in the development of Supervisory Training to ensure it includes skills necessary for safety leadership
- Responsible for development of safety coordinators and involved in the selection process
- Has an active leadership role in business unit safety councils and related teams to ensure the ongoing improvements in safety performance
- Works closely with the business unit leadership to set strategy and develop process and procedures to ensure ongoing improvements in the safety process.
- Works closely with plants in the delivery and training of behavior based training process (STOP by Dupont)
- Support Standard Work for Safety Leaders development and the SPS Continuum
- Maintain/develop effective internal auditing processes to be utilized for existing, acquired and divested operations so that safety and health performance and/or status can be effectively measured.
- Ensure “at risk” locations are identified and a process is developed to ensure a strategy is put in place by division leadership to address performance improvements
- Ensure Risk Assessment audits are conducted in a timely fashion commensurate with perceived “risk” and timely action plans are submitted for follow-up by utilizing the R3 (residual, risk, reduction) model.
- Coordinate utilization of 3rd party auditors for safety and requested or needed to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for coordination of monthly, qtrly, and annual safety performance summary for the business
- Maintains open communication with all levels of the organization to ensure corporate safety and health goals and objectives are achieved
- Works with local plant and mill leadership on best practices, leveraging and follow-up as required to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Responsible for updating the safety performance d-base and associated documents
- Responsible for maintaining Safety SharePoint Site
- Responsible for business unit safety meetings and associated follow-up and planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety and Health or related field.
- 10+ years of safety experience in manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional certification.
- 3-5 years of leadership responsibility.
- 3-5 years of Multi-Site responsibility.