Thrive Market is on a mission to bring healthy affordable food to every American. Delivering the best organic and non-GMO food starts with an engaged, safety-minded workforce in our fulfillment centers (FCs). To help us on our mission, we’re looking for a Safety Manager to join our growing team in either Reno, NV or Batesville, IN. As Thrive Market’s first safety hire, the Safety Manager will be responsible for designing, launching and administering a behavior-based program that engages team members at all levels of the organization. By partnering with site leaders and our Thrivers on the floor to identify common hazards, the Safety Manager will create a culture of excellence through rewarding safe behaviors and practices. The role requires strong technical knowledge of environmental, health and safety compliance. The Safety Manager will report to the Director of Fulfillment, and some travel (10%) may be required to our other locations between Nevada, California and Indiana.
- Apply deep knowledge of safety and compliance to design, launch and administer a behavior-based safety program that promotes a culture of responsibility, self-correction, and peer-to-peer recognition
- Engage staff at all levels to understand common hazards, incidents, root-causes and potential risks across our facility and operation
- Develop a strategy and timeline to address the highest priority safety needs and ensure the Safety Program at Thrive keeps us compliant at all times
- Partner with leadership team to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in sustaining performance excellence and report on those metrics frequently
- Communicate and train on best-practices and procedures
- Organize and participate in Emergency Response and Business Continuity plans and activities
- Be the point person for all regulatory visits, administrative procedures, reporting, and forecasting
- Manage programs including: Process Safety, Air Contaminant Monitoring, Hearing Conservation, Emergency Action Plans, Respiratory Protection, LOTO, PPE, Confined Spaces, PITs, Electrical Safety, Life Safety, Ergonomics, High Hazard Work, and Accident Investigation.
- 5+ years of experience managing a behavior-based safety program in a manufacturing or fulfillment environment
- Working technical knowledge of OSHA and other compliance-related topics