This position works with Superintendent and Project Manager to administer, direct, and implement compliance with corporate safety and health policies and procedures. This position is responsible for the overall safety procedures on a project specific level or as assigned to multiple project sites within a region.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Create, communicate, enforce and identify opportunities for improvements in corporate safety programs
- Mentor Safety Supervisors as required by Regional Safety Director
- Perform administrative tasks related to project-specific safety binder and document storage
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate subcontractors Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings acting as a resource for field operations with compliance on Federal (OSHA) and state as well as local safety and health regulations including NFPA and JCAHO Standards
- Review all Subcontractors Site Specific Safety Programs and Job Hazard Analysis prior to Subcontractor mobilization.
- Conduct regularly scheduled site evaluations, follow up and tracking of corrections to deficiencies
- Periodically attend and monitor Tool Box Talks conducted by subcontractors to assure documentation and quality.
- Perform root cause and accident investigation techniques in the event of a job site accident – including collection of Suffolk Safety and Health standard incident reporting forms and documentation working closely with Risk Managers
- Active coordination with Regional Risk Manager’s for identification of Claims trends and pro active risk management planning
- Enforce documentation from all subcontractors on the proper training of their employees as related to there scope of work.
- Conduct training for OSHA 10 or 30 Hour, HAZWOPER, and other Safety related topics.
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism
- 3-5 years of related work experience in field of Construction Health and Safety. Working knowledge of Federal and State safety and health regulations, as well as local building code issues for safety and health
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Safety preferred but not required
- Qualified OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Trainer
- Demonstrated expertise with construction and safety technologies and practices
- Willingness to provide best in class customer service
- Trained as CPR Instructor (training is provided)
- Completed requiredinternal training with Learning and Development team
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Individual must be collaborative and positive in directing people
- Capacity to coordinate efforts with field staff and external partners
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions promptly and with confidence
- Sound business judgment
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task