Our food manufacturing client is seeking a Safety Manager for their South Sioux City, IA facility. The Safety Manager will drive all safety and environmental related initiatives throughout the facility ensuring all employees are provided the safest work environment achievable and maintaining operational compliance with company, customer and regulatory guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrialexperience in environmental, health and safety.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal safety compliance and regulatory issues, including the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour Training (or equivalent).
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or similar quality/EHS certifications desired, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of QEH&S standards.
- Knowledge of case management procedures and issues relating to workers compensation and other workplace safety issues.
- The Safety Manager supervises and provides work direction to safety staff.
- Organizes and schedules training sessions and provides onsite safety training for employees.
- Performs onsite inspections to ensure compliance with OSHA and coordinates industrial hygiene services such as noise levels, equipment and air quality, etc.
- Evaluates and provides guidelines on safety equipment and supplies according to ANSI standard.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA standards.
- Participates in regulatory agency inspections/audits, and develops and implements corrective actions.
- Evaluates and continuously improves operational risk prevention process effectiveness.