The role of the Safety and Compliance Manager is to provide safety leadership, ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations.
· In cooperation with operational management, develop a strategy in support of Corporate Safety and Compliance strategic goals
· Develop effective Safety and Compliance programs and policies designed to meet operational goals to reduce injuries, accidents and incidents
· Effectively communicate Safety and Compliance strategy and objectives to Leadership
· Support site management in the implementation of Safety and Compliance programs or policies
· Design and implement effective metrics to track progress, proactively identify areas of concern and drive accountability
· Designs and executes a broad program such as fire safety, air quality, industrial hygiene, driving safety, Back Injury Prevention, Heat & Cold Stress, Injury Illness Prevention, First Aid, CPR, update the Bloodbourne Pathogen plan, Flagger, Confined Spaces, coordinates safety drills to transfer knowledge and core competencies to management and employees.
· Liaison with 3E Company and manage hazardous waste Hot Line, SDS system, waste collection and disposal program
· Develop and implement audit tracks and identify gaps in local compliance with Corporate Safety policies and procedures
· Support creation of Safety and Compliance goals for the site management and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, managers, and supervisors to drive the safety culture, compliance and results.
· Lead incident investigation process, including cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans.
· Provide supervisor and management training on root cause analysis
· Assist site management in ensuring compliance in all regulation agencies including OSHA, DOT, CalOSHA, ANSI and WA L&I
· Monitor, interpret and communicate regulatory changes Management.
· Display strong problem solving skills, organizational skills and analytical skills
· Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Valid US Drivers license
· Clean driving record
· Certification in OSHA 10 & 30
· 5 to 7 years of progressive field safety experience
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
· Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, WA L&I, CalOSHA, DOT, ANSI and other industry related governmental programs and requirements)
· Working knowledge of Construction or Telecommunications industry
· Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for projects we construct
· Strategic thinking and leadership skills
· Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
· Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
· Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
· Highly organized person and can show planning and processes to support daily work
· Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality
· Lift and carry up to 70 lbs
· Must pass UI Test (urinalysis)