We have been retained by a growing and innovative NATIONAL manufacturing firm with locations nationwide.
We are looking for the best and brightest for these l Safety Manager position in Selma, AL You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
Safety Manager 5-7 years to $80K
Purpose of the Job Description Report
The job description report is a short report that identifies key activities and behaviors relevant to a job?s objectives. Information is also provided regarding important job context information. This information is based directly upon the ratings provided by subject matter experts.
This report provides inputs to a wide variety of human resource decisions, from job evaluation to selection as it is clearly laid out and easy to use. The Job Description report provides clear descriptions of the job?s title, location, reporting structure, main purpose, responsibilities, objectives and other important information about the specific job.
This section provides fundamental information about a job. Beyond a person?s ability to perform tasks, which make up the job, other issues may impact a person?s motivation or interest in a job, such as work location, salary and reporting relationships. These details are specified directly by the WPS user.
Our client traces their corporate roots back to 1871 and are today among the world's largest and most efficient producers of metallurgical and chemical-grade silicon metal and silicon-based specialty alloys. We own four manufacturing plants, located in the U.S. States of Ohio, West Virginia, Alabama and New York and market our products to more than 160 customers, predominantly in North America.
Our products are critical inputs in the manufacture of a wide range of industrial and consumer products with growing markets, including silicone compounds, aluminum, photovoltaic solar cells, electronic semiconductors, ductile iron, automotive parts, industrial pipe and steel. Our manufacturing facilities are designed and managed to be highly flexible, enabling us to vary our product mix according to market demand.
Upward Reporting Relationships:
Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Downward Reporting Relationships:
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
- Investigate industrial accidents, and injuries to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Report or review findings to administration from accident investigations and facilities inspections.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure OSHA regulation compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as OSHAlaws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review/revise facility safety programs & procedures, Job Hazard Assessments to ensure all are up to date.
- Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers and safety inspectors.
- Manage/Lead Safety Committee.
- Manage scheduling and logistics of annual medical evaluations.
Contact me via email and connect with me on LinkedIn if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code MCMGLOBSAFTMGR OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role please refer them .