McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America's premier commercial construction companies. Our reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. With offices and employees nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment and airports. Originally founded as a family business in 1864, today we are proud to be 100 percent employee-owned.
- Monitor and discuss safety programs and efforts with on-site subcontractors and McCarthy employees, ensuring safety is part of our culture and that all new hires have proper safety documents and information
- Conduct documented safety and health inspections no less than twice per month, coordinating compliance reports with McCarthy’s insurance company
- Coordinate with Project Supervision so that necessary protective equipment and safety materials are utilized, adequate first aid materials are available and safety documents are posted on-site
- Investigate all injuries and review all accident reports, coordinating corrective measures with McCarthy employees and logging injuries/illnesses for OSHA purposes
- Minimize construction hazards and enforce safety policies utilizing the company’s disciplinary policy
- Conduct/coordinate Project Safety "Toolbox" meetings with all McCarthy employees on a weekly basis
- Record and forward copies of all safety related meetings, programs, safety pre-plans, inspections, correspondence, directives, citations, etc. to the Division Safety Director for tracking
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience managing safety efforts on large scale projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- OSHA 500 certification required
- Ability to manage/administer safety orientations, oversee substance abuse programs, investigate/report on injuries/illnesses/near misses and perform other various safety functions on-site
- Ability to work with all construction groups- management, owners, trades and subcontractors
- Excellent communication, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel/relocate full-time required.