- Act as liaison between insurance carriers with direct responsibility for WC, claim functions and reporting compliance.
- Primary point of contact for the company’s field operations, worker compensation and auto insurance carriers and third party administrators.
- Conduct Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) site inspections and audit, prepare gap analysis and action plans and follow up visits with support to ensure compliance with EHS regulations.
- Direct oversight of auditing, reporting, safety inspections, administering safety policies, and implementing safety training programs
- Enforce the compliance of Federal, state and local EHS regulations.
- Analyze accident and injury causes, types, and numbers. Implements corrective action based on findings.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Oversee the administration of Worker’s Compensation including making sure all locations are accurately completing their reports/claims.
- Work with the insurance companies to capitalize on available safety programs (i.e. Oversee the WSI Safety Program and Sentry, Federated Safety Initiatives).
- Oversee the training curriculum and work closely with the Training Manager/Department.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to strategize on safety compliance and initiatives.
- Oversee the administration of the MSHA part 46 & 48, OSHA 300 & 300A Logs for all locations.
- Oversee all efforts related to EPA regulations and compliance.
- Represent the company in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Determine the curriculum for new employee orientation as it pertains to safety.
- Collaborate with Fleet Director on DOT safety initiatives and incident analysis.
- Oversee the administration of third party safety insurance contracts.
- Maintain reviews and sign all safety contracts.
- Work safely always and adhere to all applicable safety policies.
- Work within and promote the vision, mission, and values of the company.
- Travel required (50%–55%) to multiple sites and be flexible to accommodate company as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of safety or risk management experience
- Excellent computer skills, competent in all management applications
- Good knowledge of State and Federal regulations including OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and DOT. CSP credentials beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of accident and injury prevention principles & techniques, DOT and OSHA regulatory compliance
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, analytical skills, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building required.
- Ability to present information to a group of people, respond to questions, relate well to all levels of the workforce, set and manage priorities and be a team player that motivates and educates other team members.
- Ability to balance assessing and prioritizing health and safety issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others to include customers, vendors, employees, governmental entities and the public.
- Good decision-making skills, conflict management skills and a high degree of confidentiality required.
- Frequent overnight travelrequired as necessary to complete the job requirements.
- Must be able to meet insurance driving requirements.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education
- Experience in DME preferred