US - CA - Paramount
The Safety Manager is responsible for implementing, supporting and maintaining health and safety compliance at all Carlton Forge Works facilities. The goal of this position is to minimize the risks posed by hazards to its employees and to the company by implementing appropriate control systems and programs.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State OSHA, and other relevant agencies
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Safety rules, documentation and reporting requirements
- Ensure all provisions of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) are implemented. Review and update IIPP where needed.
- Conduct Incident/near Miss Investigation report and follow up to ensure corrective actions are completed
- Coordinate and ensure all mandatory testing and training is complete.
- Update safety training programs concerning plant-specific issues.
- Perform safety and environmental training for employees.
- Work independently and meet project completion time-lines.
- Coordinate, document and follow up with Safety committee meetings and findings
- Support the development of policies, programs and projects to abate workplace hazards.
- Conduct or arrange for periodic safety audits, noise surveys and air monitoring assessments as needed.
- Write reports on survey findings and work with facility to establish corrective actions, responsible parties and timelines for completion.
- Identify hazard priorities and track the plant’s progress in addressing these priorities.
- Establish a sound working relationship with the plant managers, supervisors, and hourly personnel regarding the control of Plant health and safety hazards.
- Maintain an expert level awareness of current CAL-OSHA, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- Manage and supervise the use of contracted, outside health & safety consultants to ensure that they provide quality service at costs consistent with the company’s requirements.
- Maintain, analyze and submit the plants’ Monthly Safety StatisticsDatabase and report findings.
- Participate in routinely scheduled Safety Conference Calls with Division personnel.
- Act as liaison with related government agencies
- Supports and maintains a safety focused culture
Bachelordegree in safety, risk management, or a related science
5 year of safety experience with a manufacturing environment, preferably within forging industry
Expert on Cal-OSHA, OSHA, and other applicable regulations
Superior communication, interaction and motivation skills
Ability to work independently as well as within groups to meet established time lines
Solid understanding of safety, industrial hygiene and engineering principles and the ability to apply to the company's operations
Solid planning, organizational skills, and effective problem solving skills
Proven track record of driving culture change in safety
Experience implementing and managing behavior based safety programs
Ability to learn new software programs quickly (Quest, EasySolv, AutoCAD, etc.)