process implementation, and driving improvements. You will collaborate with leaders, develop partnerships with plant members, and maintain an active presence with production members to implement and achieve the highest standards for safety processes and initiatives.
If you have a background in manufacturing operations, production leadership and driving continuous improvement, along with integrated experience and passion for safety, you could be an optimal fit for this role! Like many positions at HON and Allsteel, this position offers great opportunity for growth and advancement, either within our safety teams or in plant operations leadership.
Some of the essential aspects of the Safety Manager include:
- Design, create, and execute a safety program and infrastructure to drive high levels of engagement with members, and increase member and leadership performance with safety goals and objectives.
- Provide safety leadership, operations support, and direction within the plant.
- Actively manage work injuries as well as Workers Compensation processes.
- Work to promote safety visibility and ownership across the plant, regularly communicate safety metrics and data to all stakeholders.
- Prepare, review and present data analysis on safety performance; measure success and provide insight on safety performance to leadership.
- Identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in safety practices on a continual basis.
- Manage compliance with state and local laws, ensuring any regulations and compliance issues are in order. Ensure OSHA standards are in place and continually improved upon.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant safety experience specific to manufacturing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of production and leadership
- Display a strong sense of drive and influence to engage members and reinforce safety initiatives.