Job Description Safety Manager
To 100K + bonus
Our food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Safety Manager for their Minneapolis, MN facility. This Safety Manager should be someone who can "hit the ground running" on safety management with minimal coaching while having the competence to mentor a new safety assistant as well as overall safety of the facility.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures regarding safety and health in jobs and tasks insuring regulatory compliance.
- Administer safety training for company operations; reviewing OSHA regulations and creating training programs to meet safety requirements.
- Coordinate training sessions, providing on-site safety training for employees.
- Implement on-site inspections, ensuring compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Engage in meetings with safety committees to recommend corrective actions to management regarding workplace safety procedures.
- Manage departmental budget by monitoring departmental expenditures.
- B.S. in Safety/Loss Control/Risk or a discipline of safety engineering
- 6+ years of safety experience within manufacturing.
- Food manufacturing experience a plus but not required.
- 3+ years of OJT certification.
- Certified in CSP, ASP and ASSE a plus.
- Understanding of Regulatory 1910 Manufacturing standards; LOTO, Confined Space, Forklift, Haz Com, Fall Protection, Machine Guarding and Electrical Safety.
- Speaking knowledge of Investigations, Hazard recognition, Training, Recordkeeping, Behavioral Safety.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Time