McCarthy's Southern California Division is currently seeking a Safety Manager to manage the safety efforts on several large and complex projects. The Safety Manager will be responsible for overall administration of the Safety Guidelines on the Projects.
- Monitor safety efforts of Subcontractors and McCarthy employees
- Oversee the issuance of the new hire safety documents and other Division specific information to all new McCarthy employees
- Conduct/coordinate Project Safety "Tool Box" Meetings with all McCarthy employees on a weekly basis
- Discuss safety with the on-site Subcontractors Supervisory Personnel
- Coordinate with Project Supervision so that necessary personal protective equipment and safety materials are utilized
- Record and forward copies of all safety related meetings, programs, safety pre-plans, inspections, correspondence, directives, citations, etc to the Division Safety Director for tracking
- Coordinate responses and compliance with requirements of inspectionreports from McCarthy's insurance company
- Conduct documented Project Safety and Health Inspections not less than twice each month
- Investigate all injuries and review all accident reports, coordinating corrective measures with McCarthy employees or Subcontractor Personnel
- Lead the indoctrination of new McCarthy employees and Subcontractor Personnel into the Safety program and culture
- Post and keep current all required safety documents and literature
- Monitor protection of general public by minimizing construction hazards
- Monitor maintenance of adequate first aid supplies on the Project
- Maintain project OSHA 300 log of injuries and illnesses
- Enforce McCarthy safety policies using the company's disciplinary policy
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years experience managing the safety efforts during the construction of large healthcare or commercial projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to manage/administer safety orientations, oversee substance abuse program, investigate/report on injuries/illnesses/near misses and other to perform other various safety functions on-site
- Ability to work with all construction groups: management, owners, trades and subcontractors
- OSHA 500 certification preferred
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) preferred.