The Safety Manager is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing United Pacific's Safety Programs. The Safety Manager works closely with Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Risk, Operations, and other departments to ensure successful compliance and full execution of all Safety regulations, standards and procedures. Responsibilities also include report generation, and frequent communication with employees, site managers, operations management, and the Workers' Compensation Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identifies, develops, implements, and reviews Safety Programs to avert or limit serious impact on the Company's financial results from unplanned or uncontrolled losses.
- Develops and maintains a system for timely and accurate recording of losses.
- Ensures United Pacific complies with all State and Federal regulations and OSHA record keeping requirements; compiles and reports annual OSHA data.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and Operations to develop and implement effective Safety Training Programs for all employees.
- Through effective incident investigations, identifies and evaluates detrimental working conditions and root causes of accidents and recommends adjustments to safeguard employee health.
- Oversees the Company's Safety Committees.
- Implements initiatives to reduce and prevent accidents and injuries.
- Conducts Safety Workplace Inspections to identify potential causes of loss.
- Relies on experience, critical thinking, and educated judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of related tasks including other duties as assigned by Director of Risk, Audit, & Loss Prevention.
- Extensive travelrequired.
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Business Administration, Safety and Health, or a related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of prior experience with occupational safety and/or loss control.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must have creative problem-solving abilities and the ability to be a leader on designated projects.
- Strong communicator and ability to effectively interact with diverse groups at all levels.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work both in a team and autonomously.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experiencesupporting a multi-unit c-store, retail, and/or quick-serve restaurant is preferred.
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the , which is driven by our core values:
- We Are United. One Team, One Goal,
- People-Focused. Connected, Caring, Respectful
- Taking Pride In All We Do
- Results Matter. Personal, Team, Company
This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each other. It helps define who we are today and guides us to become even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If accepting an offer of employment, applicant must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. United Pacific is an EOE.