The Safety Manager has the responsibility for establishing the H&S vision and leadership of the client account in alignment with the EHS Director to drive world class performance. The Safety Manager will advise the JLL management team on workplace safety issues (including associated contractor safety pre-qualification and program needs), evaluate potential hazardous situations and environmental impacts, conduct accident investigations, and ensure JLL is compliant with all EHS regulatory and Client requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be fully responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of proactive Health and Safety programs for operational staff – which includes operating engineers and mobile technicians.
This position will plan and implement numerous H&S policies and procedures, including all safety and health-related aspects of the workplace and working activities, such as fall protection, hazard communication, electrical safety, construction safety, equipment safety, incident investigation, workers compensation and ergonomics.
This position will review programs, policies, plans, specifications to ensure that H&S Compliance issues are addressed. This position must be well versed and remain current on Federal, State and local regulatory requirements, and provide direction to the Account Leadership Team to ensure those requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and identifies standards and controls for safety and health hazards within operations, and establishes written guidelines and implements practices for protection from those hazards.
- Clear understanding and articulation of Safety Management Systems – leadership commitment, accountability, effective communication, auditing and performance metrics.
- Monitors compliance with regulations and company standards.
- Provides day-to-day health, safety, industrial hygiene and environmental support and guidance / solutions to facility personnel to maintain a safe work environment consistent with company policy and state and federal regulations.
- Performs EHS inspectionaudits and reviews investigation reports to ensure that corrective & preventive actions will eliminate recurrence.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data; prepares comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Supports management systems implementation for H&S in the account. Also, provides critical support to environmental compliance efforts and administrative needs across all EHS areas.
- Responsible for injury reporting and tracking system and associated involvement in workers compensation activities.
- Establishes H&S training programs, schedule and provides/coordinates training for all sites.
Continually re-evaluate the current programs and initiatives and analyze available metrics with the intent to proactively identify gaps and refine and enhance existing EHS platform.
- Develops strong working relationships with Account Senior Management and site leadership teams.
- Evaluates and builds JSAs to maintain a consistent safe work environment across the portfolio.
- Assists site teams to create site-specific safety programs to align with JLL corporate expectations.
- Degree in safety management, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or relevant field with 10+ years professional level H&S program management experience.
- Highly desirable to have H&S work experience with a distributed and mobile workforce. Experience with critical facilities, data center, UPS issues also highly desired.
- Experience in analyzing maintenance and facilities implementation processes to identify both hazards and controls.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, problem-solving and report writing skills;
- Able to work on a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and Local HS laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relationship management skills.
- A proven record of making presentations and providing effective training.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Occasional travel (10-25%