Salary: $135K - $155K + 15% Annual Performance Bonus + Relo
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage, and implement overall Safety and Health programs while incorporating accountability and responsibility for Safety and Health performance into all levels of leadership and at a personal level for each member.
- Ensure that safety and health principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations. Ensure annual department goals and objectives include meaningful Safety activities for all levels of the organization.
- Provide adequate, correct, and appropriate safety technology and behavioral leadership, counsel, organization, and direction for comprehensive management of safety and health through a team concept.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and follow-up of elements to meet facility, corporate, federal and state requirements necessary for compliance, continuous improvement, and to minimize injury and illness to personnel, and damage to property and equipment.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and measuring of Safety, Industrial Hygiene, procedures, practices, projects, and record keeping complying with all applicable codes, standards, and accepted practices. Maintain regulatory compliance and continued quality in safety process systems.
- Audit areas of performance in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, training, record keeping, procedures, inspections, safety meetings, incident reporting and investigations, etc. and determine program efficiency status. Work with facility leadership, personnel, and contract groups to correct and improve performance and practices as applicable.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee involvement in the safety and health system. Support leadership and personnel, respond, and advice on safety and health related issues, define requirements, interpret regulations and procedures, and assist to define acceptable solutions.
- Serve as primary contact (host) for all safety and health audits from Company, and regulatory personnel and represent the Company at applicable community, and safety and health organizations and functions.
- Manage implementation of special program efforts such as the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program and other distinctive regulatory or company programs and processes.
- Support cost reduction, synergy, and low-cost provider initiatives and approve expenditures for material and services required to maintain a safe operation of the facility within approved expenditure level and expectations.
- Lead the organization to a zero injury and zero environmental impact by displaying personal, team, and job competencies with a positive results-oriented attitude.
- Manage plant security activities following corporate guidelines while working with governmental agencies and local authorities.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS. degree in safety discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years' experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of federal, state, and local policies and regulations related to health and safety.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interactive skills.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.