- Conduct jobsite Safety Evaluations and Inspections utilizing the Predictive Solutions safety software to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and HITT safety rules and procedures.
- Report problem areas, trends, and recommendations to the Director of Safety.
- Assist in the preparation of Activity Hazards Analysis of project specific task when required
- Assist Superintendents as required to administer the Field Safety Orientation Program to ensure that all HITT field employees and subcontractors are in compliance.
- Assist the Director of Safety in the required training of HITT employees to include field and management employees.
- Provide analysis and assistance in the planning and preparation for hazardous operations and other safety issues.
- Serve as the HITT Point of Contact for all scheduled and unscheduled governmental (OSHA) inspections. Accompany inspectors and document their activity, participate in opening and closing conferences, ensure prompt correction of all noted discrepancies, and follow through with the Director of Safety on formal and informal conferences and meetings.
- Correct any safety policy/procedure violation immediately.
- Participate in all incident and/or near miss investigations in order to determine the root cause of the incident and take appropriate steps to ensure the incident does not occur again.
- Assist in the review and/or development of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Serves as the subject matter expert and the point of contact for all safety related issues.
- Identifies needs, and subsequently develops and leads safety training programs.
- 5 years of safety experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in safety, construction, environmental, or similar from a four-year college or university required however, other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Current First Aid AED/CPR certification a plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience with a general contractor.
- OSHA 30 certificate required.
- A CSP, ASP, CHST or other Safety related designation preferred.
- Ability to write professional reports, business correspondence, and technical procedures.
- Proficient documentation, record keeping and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.