8 - 10 years experience • Real Estate & Construction
To provide Area Safety Professionals as well as Power Operations Management with effective safety coaching, counseling and advice, ensuring both deliver a safe and efficient work environment for all employees, customers and the public.
Provide specific safety training, education and related programs for operations management to use and implement in the course of completing work.
Act as a “safety” motivator for management and employees’ alike, ensuring safety remains an active part of the work and the culture at H&M.
Provides “safety” subject matter expertise, ensuring the most relevant and effective internal and external safety practices are used and implemented in the course of delivering work at H&M.
- Travel to multiple project sites and provide support to Operations as well as Safety Specialist.
- Implement Safety Systems and Processes that apply to both H&M and the customer needs.
- Be a liaison between all Area Management to ensure adequate resource and personnel availability to support a smooth and effective deployment of the H&M Integrated Safety Management Program.
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor and assess the execution of the H&M Integrated Safety, Health and Environmental Program and A3-S.M.A.R.T Goals.
- Coach and provide guidance to Safety Professionals, Area Management and Supervision on Occupational Safety & Health issues.
- Conduct Work Site Observations (WSAs) and Safety Coaching Observations (SCOs) with Area Managers, Safety Professionals, etc.…
- Review all incident investigations and verify that corrective measures are completed in a timely fashion for any hazards identified in incident investigations, WSA’s, SCO’s, customer action plans, etc... This function will assist in minimizing the financial liabilities as well as human suffering associated with work-related injuries, illnesses, vehicle accidents, property damages and natural disasters.
Verify completion of safety recommendations of the Area Safety Team’s (AST), insurance carrier, or other safety consultants.
- Ensure performance reviews of Safety Professionals are conducted semi-annually and annually.
- Ensure the professional development of safety staff.
- Ensure the Area Staff efforts are aligned with the objectives and daily mission of the Operational organizations, Region and Shared Services.
- Attend any and all OSHA citation hearings along with Region Safety and operations and provide consultation to management on process and support ways on limiting company losses.
- Participate, facilitate and review all Root Cause Analysis done in accordance with the H&M Incident Analysis Reporting process.
- Develop a proactive position for Customer and Regulatory outreach.
- Report safety performance levels to Director of Power and Regional Safety Manager.
7-10 years Manager experience in a safety related position.
3-5 years managing direct reports.
3-5 years construction projects or related experience.
Experience in managing safety in an electrical transmission, distribution and substation environment preferred.
Experience with Regulatory enforcement and contest process and procedures.
Experience in Organizational Development techniques preferred.