Salary Estimate: $66705.60 - $100048.00 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Want to join a team of daring managers who care without reservations or limits? Our Sky Ridge Medical Center team is looking for a Safety Manager. HCA Healthcare is an advanced healthcare network that has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
Sky Ridge Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare is committed to research and clinical protocols. Do you want to impact standards of care and save lives across the country? Apply today to our Safety Manager and be a part of the innovation of ideas.Job Summary and Qualifications
This position develops, implements and monitors compliance with Safety, emergency preparedness policies and procedures, and other applicable regulatory standards to ensure a safe environment. Conducts inspections and handles emergency situations related to safety and environmental health. The Manager of Safety has the authority to intervene whenever conditions immediately threaten life or health or damage equipment or buildings. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. Manages the general safety of the hospital life safety and utility systems. Supervises general contractors hired to assist the hospital with renovations, new construction or any modifications to the existing structures.Construction
• Plan and direct construction activities and material deliveries across multiple locations and projects
• Assist in the development and monitoring of construction budgets.
• Assist with Architectural reviews to ensure compliance with local and state building codes, energy codes, and zoning regulations.
• Manage daily job progress and overall job schedules.
• During the construction process, ensure phasing, plans, interim life safety measures and infection control risk assessments are established and followed in order to provide for safety of the public, staff and patients. Life Safety
• Responsible to oversee the Safety Management Program for Sky Ridge Medical Center while continually evaluating its effectiveness.
• Helps develop, implement and monitor hospital wide safety management programs.
• Expedite reports on all elements of Joint Commission's Environment of Care.
• Identify potential safety problems, suggest corrective action, and monitor compliance.
• Chair the Environment of Care Committee
• Works with the Director of Plant Operations to ensure that all EC/LS binders/software is accurate and up to date.
• Works with the Director of Plant Operations to ensure that the Complyos database is accurate and up to date.
• Works with the Director of Plant Operations to develop, implement and monitor the safety and training programs for the facility and engineering department. Emergency Preparedness
What qualifications you will need:
- Collaborate with the management team in the creation, development, education, training, and implementation of disaster plans that are in alignment with state and other regulatory agencies.
- Know when to activate the facility's emergency operations plan and hospital command center.
- Know the organization's alert and notification system and procedures, and ensure appropriate staff is educated on this as well.
- Manage disaster response or crisis management activities for the facility. Ensure availability of staff 24/7 to respond to disaster or potential disaster situations.
- Conduct an annual hazard vulnerability assessment (HVA)/ risk analysis to determine the facility's risk for natural (e.g., hurricanes, floods, earthquakes), technological (e.g., nuclear power plant emergencies or hazardous materials spills), human-caused (e.g., active shooter or hostage situations), and other disasters
- Chair the Emergency Management Committee and facilitate emergency management drills.
- Develop and maintain emergency plans and procedures for disasters identified in the HVA/ risk analysis.
- Bachelors Degree
- Hospital safety professional certification preferred
- Three to five years' experience in safety, emergency preparedness required
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, federal, state and local codes and regulations related to safety and emergency preparedness. Requires good verbal and written communication skills when dealing with a variety of internal and external people. Excellent analytical and research skills for investigating and reporting. Knowledge of FEMA National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) and Incident Command System training (ICS).
Sky Ridge Medical Center has grown to become a 284 plus bed destination hospital in Lone Tree, Colorado
with a reputation for providing clinical excellence and world-class service to our patients and employees. Sky Ridge offers high-quality compassionate care through patient-centered programs such as a comprehensive Cancer Center, adult and pediatric emergency departments, an award-winning Birth Place, and a state of the art Spine and Total Joint Center
. We offer extensive services and the latest technology in our specialties of women's care, pediatric care, orthopedic services, robotic surgery center, and top-rated emergency care in our Level II Trauma Center. We strive to provide healthier tomorrows for our patients and families in our community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to its patients, colleagues and communities. Help guide our team as a(an) Safety Manager and help us improve more lives in more ways
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.