Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
This position isresponsible for managing the safety department to create and enforce a culture of workplace safety at Freshly. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-relatedresponsibilitiesand duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
- Develop and manage safety programs and procedures to prevent and/or reduce work related injuries.
- Manage all aspects of the Workers Compensation program.
- Working with insurance companies, employees, and management to ensure the process is complete and accurate.
- Partner with plant leaders to help guide and support the business initiatives and align them against the safety strategy.
- Partner with plant leaders to identify company safety training needs and execute safety training programs.
- Provide technical safety support and information to plant staff.
- Coordinate with plant leaders to analyze risks and needs within each department and develop solutions to enhance safety.
- Develop and assist with incident investigations, to include assistance with developing corrective actions.
- Understand federal and state occupational safety regulations. Monitor and implement regulatory changes as they occur.
- Maintain and evaluate incident and loss trends. Implement changes as needed to correct negative trends and/or maintain proper progression.
- Identify potential hazards through assessments. Make recommendations and provide solutions.
- Prepare, maintain and manage emergency response plans to include ammonia response.
- Train plant staff to recognize, reduce and eliminate workplace hazards.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- This position is located in a plant environment with moderate to low noise levels.
- Daily use of a computer and phone system is necessary as well as interaction with all plant staff and vendors.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, occasionally in extreme cold or heat from 0 to 110 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Have flexibility with regard to work hours in order to meet the needs of the employees and management team relative to accessibility, and visibility, across all shifts as needed.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety related field (i.e., Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.)
- 8+ years experience in an operations/logistics/manufacturing environment with 150 or more employees.
- Certified Safety Professional CSP preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Experience working with a start-up or rapid growth business preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.