- Provide administrative, technical direction, and updates on the safety program
- Provide assistance to project management to ensure compliance with all safety policies
- Assist in investigating incidents on site and developing required reports
- Administer safety incentive programs
- Administer company drug and alcohol program
- Conduct and participate in safety audits
- Coordinate safety training activities on the project
- Inventory and order safety supplies and materials as needed
- Maintain and monitor a safety budget
- Hire and develop personnel as needed
- Oversee the managing of claims, assisting in decision making and settlement if necessary
- Attend pre-construction meetings, progress meetings, and other required meetings
- Liaise with project stakeholders
- Liaise with governing agencies
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field from an accredited institution and 4 years safety management experience and/or training in the construction industry
- Construction safety, current federal, state and provincial safety requirements experience required
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred, although candidates with CHST & OHST certifications will be considered.
- OSHA 30 Hour Training (Certification) is required
- 4+ years experience in the construction industry is required.
- Heavy Civil project exposure will be highly regarded.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Job ID: 2578