As a Safety Manager, you will be responsible for working with the project team to implement the companies approved Project Accident Prevention Plan and Safety Policy and Procedure Manual; responsibilities will include conducting and developing training, participating in meetings, and updating site specific policies as needed. This is a project based position and will report directly to the Site Safety and Health Officer
- As a Safety Manager, you will be responsible for working with the project team to implement the companies approved Project Accident Prevention Plan and Safety Policy and Procedure Manual; responsibilities will include conducting and developing training, participating in meetings, and updating site specific policies as needed. This is a project based position and will report directly to the SiProvide administrative, technical direction, and updates on the Projects Accident Prevention Plan and Projects Safety Policy Manual under the supervision of the SSHO.
- Provide assistance to project management to ensure compliance with all safety policies, the APP and the EM 385 manual
- Assist in investigating incidents on site and developing requiredreports
- Assist the SSHO in conducting onsite safety training, new hire orientations and documentation.
- Administer the project sites drug and alcohol program along with the site specific security plan.
- Conduct daily safety inspections and document safety and health findings in the Daily Safety Inspection Log and track any noted safety deficiencies.
- Inventory and order safety supplies and materials as needed under the direction of the SSHO.
- Required to be onsite at all times during any field activities are being performed
- Ability to stop work if unacceptable health or safety conditions exist and take the necessary action to establish a safe work area.
- Asist the SSHO in implementing the projects return to work program
- Attend pre-construction meetings, progress meetings, and otherrequired meetings as directed.
- Liaise with project stakeholders, project owners, local community and vendors.
- Conduct emergency response training which shall include the following: procedures, spill plans, firefighting plans, posting of emergency numbers and man-overboard drills.
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron/Dragados/Sukuts Joint Venture values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate or Joint Venture Policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field from an accredited institution and minimum 5years safety management experience in the construction industry
- Construction safety, EM 385experience, current federal, state and provincial safety requirements experiencerequired
- CHST required, Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- 30-hour OSHAconstruction safety class or equivalent within the last 5years required with document.
- Minimum average of 24 hours of annual formal safety training for the past 5years with documentation required.
- Valid state driver’s license and must be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the Company’s Driving Policy
- Ability to pass a drug test, driving record and background screening