McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America's premier commercial construction companies. Our reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. With offices and employees nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment and airports. Originally founded as a family business in 1864, today we are proud to be 100 percent employee owned.
McCarthy's Southwest Division is seeking an Electrical Safety Manager. This position is responsible for safety efforts of one large-scale project or several complex projects. The Electrical Safety Manager will be responsible for overall administration of safety guidelines on projects. This position will require extensive travel across US based projects.
- Monitor and discuss safety programs and efforts with on-site subcontractors and McCarthy employees, ensuring safety is part of our culture and that all new hires have proper safety documents and information
- Conduct documented safety and health inspections no less than twice per month, coordinating compliance reports with McCarthy’s insurance company
- Coordinate with Project Supervision so that necessary protective equipment and safety materials are utilized, adequate first aid materials are available and safety documents are posted on-site
- Investigate all injuries and review all accident reports, coordinating corrective measures with McCarthy employees and logging injuries/illnesses for OSHA purposes
- Minimize construction hazards and enforce safety policies utilizing the company’s disciplinary policy
- Conduct/coordinate Project Safety "Toolbox" meetings with all McCarthy employees on a weekly basis
- Record and forward copies of all safety related meetings, programs, safety pre-plans, inspections, correspondence, directives, citations, etc. to the Division Safety Director for tracking
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience managing electrical safety efforts of large construction or federal projects
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- OSHA 500 and CSTA certifications required; knowledge in NFPA 70E and LOTO.
- Ability to manage/administer safety orientations, oversee substance abuse programs, investigate/report on injuries/illnesses/near misses and perform other various safety functions on-site
- Ability to work with all construction groups- management, owners, trades and subcontractors
- Excellent communication, organizational, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel to various projects within the US
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.