The Safety Manager works to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and the general public on the project. The Safety Manager is responsible for enforcing Clark's Safety and Health Policy as well as local and federal safety standards on jobsites. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting employee safety training and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all phases and tasks. Successful candidates will exemplify safety as a value.
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and general public.
- Enforce corporate and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards.
- Assist in development and coordination of project specific safety program.
- Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action.
- Report project specific safety performance and future plans.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement overall project specific safety programs.
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, etc.
- Develop project specific safety training for jobsite personnel including subcontractors.
- Coordinate third party safety reviews including OSHA.
- Undergraduatedegree in safety and health or related discipline.
- 5 + years relevant construction safety experience.
- OSHA 30-hour training
- Experience with Army Corps of Engineer projects a plus
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners.
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety.