Safety Manager ( Circus Circus )
Less than 5 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Safety Manager for planning, establishing and maintaining all required health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. A self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with an operation and maintenance team. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage Safety Compliance and Training Programs.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and track training compliance using the TalentWorks LMS.
- Direct the implementation of regulatory programs.
- Ensure appropriate testing and maintenance of all fire safety equipment including fire extinguishers.
- Manage department occupational safety and health training.
- Serve as liaison to corporate, regulatory agencies and other third parties relative to safety programs.
- Administer property safety committee meetings per regulatory guidelines.
- Property and Corporate liaison on company green initiates.
- Identify property occupational safety and health hazard.
- Speaks in front of large groups as required to teach safety classes.
- Ensure all employees receive requiredOSHA-mandated safety training and recurrent safety training.
- Attends management meetings to discuss safety issues.
- Walks the entire property to observe and ensure property compliance of all safety violations.
- Works with other departments on developing safety programs and inspections.
- Orders safety related products needed in the Security department for day-to-day use.
- Applies Incident Command Structure and NIMS (National Incident Management System), when dealing with emergences.
- Works closely with OSHA and Fire Department on safety inspections of the property.
- Reads and understands blue prints and complex property maps.
- Enforces all policies, fire and safety related codes, and applicable State, County, Federal laws and regulations.
- Drives/Operates company vehicles to attend meetings and safety classes on and off property.
- Chairs the property safety committee which meets monthly to discuss important safety related issues.
- Attends out of state safety related classes.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelordegree in related field or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 3 years of Supervisory and/or Management experience; preferably in a related field.
- Working knowledge of National Fire Protection Agency 101, Uniform Fire Code 1997, 29 and Code of Federal Regulations 1910 and 1926.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.