This position is responsible for designing and implementing effective health & safety policies to foster a safe work environment and ensure that all employees understand and demonstrate safe behaviors including taking corrective action to foster an injury free workplace that meets or exceeds company, state & federal regulations. Furthermore, this position will require people who are highly successful at working as part of a team. It will be necessary for them to partner withinternal and external resources to be successful.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead the development and implementation of health and safety risk management programs and processes cross functionally with all managers and employees in an effort to establish capabilities, build relationships, and ensure prioritized action plans and timetables are met for compliance purposes
- Mentor management teams on how to lead and manage safety within their areas and participate in specific process and program enhancements based on greatest areas of opportunity to achieve world class results
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and implement long term comprehensive plans that are integrated into company policy and culture
- Lead site efforts to establish a common knowledge base on health and safety program elements
- Develop and deliver training programs on safety awareness, OSHArequired programs, VPP development and other site-specific programs.
- Develop program aimed at continuous improvement of the safety culture through employee involvement and observation.
- Provide day-to-day coaching, feedback, and functional direction on health and safety programs
- Assist in reviewing the status and evaluating the effectiveness of health and safety programs while delivering results in all areas
- Lead the implementation and training of teams to identify and evaluate hazards and implement effective corrective solutions including proactive safety processes and corrective action follow ups using root cause analysis methodologies
- Provide consultative guidance and information on health and safety priorities and risks, associated costs, performance, major issues, and interpretation of regulatory requirements
- Participate in the review of safety processes and procedures
- Propose changes to existing systems to make the processes and procedures more effective
- Evaluate safety injury trending data in order to minimize risks
The requirements of this position include:
- 5+ years of health and safety experience in a manufacturing or related environment
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- Experience developing and implementing safety programs in a start-up environment for a large operation
- Experience with worker?s compensationclaims, OSHA regulations, OSHA recordkeeping requirements and OSHA?s VPP processes
- Good understanding of health and safety issues, regulations, and technology which impact the processes associated with the manufacturing function
- Experienceworking withISO standards and regulations
- CSP preferred
After moving to New York from his native Turkey, Chobani?s founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn?t as delicious and widely available as it was back home. He believed everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural and accessible Greek yogurt right here in the United States.
?Better food for more people.? It?s a simple precept, but one that drives Chobani forward every day. From that first revived yogurt factory in New Berlin, New York, to a gleaming state-of-the-art facility in Twin Falls, Idaho, to an international foothold in Dandenong, Australia and beyond ? in the few short years since its debut, Chobani has climbed to the top of the yogurt category and turned Greek yogurt into a household staple.
With a growing team of thousands, Chobani strives to stay true to and honor Hamdi?s vision and goals for our company: To develop and foster meaningful relationships with those around us, to give back to our local and global communities, and to create one perfect cup of yogurt at a time. As a company, we?re proud to offer careers with limitless opportunities. We look for only the most passionate and hard-working people who will share this vision and help our rapidly growing company reach the next level. Chobani gives us all the chance to make a difference.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.