Henkel´s Beauty, Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. Our products maintain market-leading positions worldwide and our business is continually expanding. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. If you are looking for a challenging, dynamic and collaborative environment, this is the place to bring your career.
The SHE Beauty position provides leadership and functional oversight for the SHE programs in Beauty (Professional & Retail), R&D, and the Corporate HQ. This position evaluates the working conditions and supports safety culture development to maximize employee safety, ensure compliance with government and company regulations, and achieve continuous improvement through sustainable SHE management systems. The position reports to the Director SHE.
What we offer
• Develop, implement, and manage the Safety, Health and Environmental programs for the North American Beauty Supply Chain (Professional & Retail), R&D laboratories and the North American HQ building.
• Provide support on sustainability topics and drives for compliance to the sustainability goals of Henkel NA.
• Assist R&D group in the development and implementation of laboratory safety plan, the management of exposure control equipment, permits to operate, chemical hygiene, and waste management.
• Works closely with global Beauty and Regional SHE resources to design and implement effective SHE programs in alignment with business objectives and maintain compliance with all Henkel, Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements.
• Leads the development of multi-year business unit SHE strategies to provide program direction for associates and steering committees, which deliver on continuous SHE performance objectives.
• Meet and consult with local, state, federal authorities and trade organizations on regulatory matters to ensure the facility operates under the appropriate air, water, and hazardous waste permits.
• Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, radiation, smoke, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, mists, gases, solvents, lighting, and ergonomics which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
• Coordinate auditing efforts of our sites and contract manufacturing operations to Identify risk conditions which could produce occupational injuries or illnesses and eliminate/reduce the occurrence of unwanted, undesired conditions and behaviors (injuries, illnesses, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, environmental releases, exposures to chemical / physical agents, etc).
• Foster culture change toward a vision of an accident-free workplace by:
o Demonstrating behaviors that reflect the core principles of safety and a personal commitment to safety excellence;
o Establishing a high standard of behavior for all employees and managers that is reinforced through feedback and coaching;
o Modeling and coaching effective leadership behaviors with formal and informal leaders;
o Systematically communicating activities and recognizing accomplishments;
o Engaging all employees in the safety process and empowering them to take personal ownership for safety results;
• Design, develop and administer appropriate SHE training for all employees, including new hire safety orientation programs.
• Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete records and documentation (Manuals, SOPs, JRAs, WHAs, etc) as related to Corporate and Site SHE requirements.
Who we are looking for
• Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, or Environmental Science/Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years combined experience in Safety and/or Environmental roles in an R&D/laboratory/industrial environment.
• Must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for developing and managing programs; including the ability to perform detailed risk assessments on all applicable machinery/equipment in the facility and the ability to prioritize assessed risks and ensure that effective controls are implemented.
• Must possess a working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA), SHE Program Management (Safety, Industrial Hygiene, and Environmental), Risk Management, Behavior-Based Safety, Training, and Auditing.