Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida is seeking a Safety Health & Environmental Manager to work on a mid-size concrete residential project. This position is responsible for the implementation of the company’s safety and loss prevention programs. In addition, this role ensures job-site employees and subcontractors are trained in all safety programs and protocol, including federal/state regulations, in order to prevent accidents and/or injuries.
Coordinate and facilitate safety training and incentive programs, maintain statistical information on costs and frequency, perform accident investigations, manage safety personnel and consultants, including the following specific tasks:
- Jobsite visits/safety audits – frequency as dictated by project and/or project personnel
- Project safety start -up packets – new-hire packets, federal /state compliance materials, safety and workers compensation material.
- Review/assist superintendents with project specific safety plans.
- MSDS books – Provide sources for projects to obtain, ensure that projects have required information on-site.
- Accident investigations, including written reports.
- Addresses and provides resources and solutions for environmental and hazardous material issues and concerns.
- Safety training and tracking of said training, for project personnel.
- First aid training to ensure supervisors have required up-to-date first aid cards.
- Keeper of the site safety records.
- Oversees the site’s craft/hourly drug testing program.
- Represents the Company at meetings of safety professionals, alliances, associations, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Safety & Environmental Health or Construction Management/Engineering Degree.
- 5 years or more of commercial construction safety experiencerequired.
- 2 years or more of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- OSHA 30 required.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer certification.
- Commercial construction safety experience.