Safety Engineer - RT
Augusta, Georgia 30901
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. We are known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Safety Engineer position reports directly to the Safety Manager and is responsible for supporting the Augusta Mill’s safety and health efforts.
Primary duties include:
- Assignments will be a combination of safety, health and industrial hygiene programs
- Coordinates IH exposure assessments
- Conduct safety and health training programs
- Monitors safety and health performance and recommends priorities and actions for improvement. Reviews new products, equipment, and processes for potential hazards and recommends modifications before introduction.
- Collaborates with Health Services, employees, safety advocates and supervisors to identify and correct potential safety and health hazards.
- Develops safe standard work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through safety and housekeepinginspections and audits.
- Assures compliance with organization and government health and safety standards
- Ability to coordinate and interact with government officials-investigate and respond to OSHAinvestigations, written and onsite
- Manages mill Worker’s Compensation program
- Assists with implementation of mill Health and Safety Corrective Action Plans
- Safety Data analysis
- Coordinate visits and interact with corporate resources (e.g. Factory Mutual Global, Risk Management, EnSafe, Air Gas, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage CFAT responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge and understanding of applicable OSHAlaws and regulations, strong influencing and leadership skills, and demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate, drive for results, and influence change.
2. Present Salary?
3. Salary Expectation?
4. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?