Position: Safety Director for Underground Construction
Location: Lantana, FL
No Relocation assistance
We are seeking a Safety Director to lead and promote an effective workplace safety program and culture. We would like this person to be certified to teach OSHA10 & 30. The Safety Director will be responsible to facilitate legal cases that may arise from incidents. Must be experienced in the construction industry, the utilities space is ideal.
- Ensure full compliance of our safety plan.
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee practices through site visits, worksite inspections, safety hazard and risk assessments, safety plans, and education of all personnel.
- Review internal safety policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate.
- Research new regulations and developments, and recommend changes in and training for the company’s program.
- Oversee compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of required or desired changes in the safety program.
- Write job specific safety plans.
- Review documentation to ensure required onsite records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted.
- Reinforce safety awareness in a working atmosphere that promotes openness and a high level of enthusiasm and morale with a strong safety culture committed to protecting employees’ health and safety.
- Provide overall leadership, professional knowledge, and expertise, and guidance in safety.
- Coordinate with insurance carrier’s safety managers.
- Track and review the Experience Modification Factor.
- Accompany safety, health, and insurance inspectors on walk through inspections.
- Develop an incident investigation program to prevent reoccurrence of incidents and ensure information is shared adequately across all sites.
- Assist with job descriptions of modified work and return to work programs.
- Responsible for requiredOSHA and other mandated postings.
- Provide job orientation to new hires and to crew at jobsites.
- Lead Safety Committee.
- Conduct and/or coordinate safety training.
- Prepare weekly toolbox talks and actively participate in the scheduling of crew safety meetings.
- Act as company EEO Officer.
- Represent the company in insurance claims matters.
- Participate in insurance renewal process; take lead for auto, property, and casualty insurances with assistance from the Vice President.
- Reports directly to the Vice President.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5years of general constructionexperience with emphasis on construction and/or industrial safety; underground utility experiencepreferred but not required
- Knowledge of applicable regulations including OSHA requirements
- Ability to recognize jobsite risk factors and take appropriate action with firmness and tact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to mentor
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Hands on approach with heavy field visits; in state Florida only with ability to go home each night
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Certified First Aid/CPR trainer preferred but not required
- Authorized OSHA10 and OSHA30 hour construction safety trainer preferred but not required
We offer a full benefits package including medical, paid holidays, and vacation, 401k retirement plan with match, and more.
Job training opportunities available after hire. EOE DFWP
Requiredexperience: construction safety management: 5years