ISC has been retained by a thriving Electric Utility Company to recruit candidates for a Safety Director position in Dallas, TX.
The successful candidate for the Safety Director will have these general responsibilities . . .
- Oversee and manage the Distribution and Transmission organizations.
- Provide long term strategy, develop effective programs, implement and manage all safety and health programs.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and processes to ensure compliance with federal, state and local law enforcement regulatory agencies.
- Serve as the interface between the company and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance and good business relations.
- Oversee and manage the regulatory review process for proactive response and input to advance notice, proposed and final regulations as promulgated by OSHA, NESC and DOT.
- Advise, counsel, and make recommendations on safety and industrial health issues and/or company policies involving employee safety, industrial health and wellness.
- Perform systems data analysis regarding accident and injury/illness reports, OSHAreports, and BLS reporting requirements of employee injuries and illnesses.
- Participate in various safety initiatives, industrial health associations and Regional Mutual Assistance Groups.
Summary of requirements for Safety Director:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety or Health related field.
- 15+ years of experience in electric utility operations, with at least 3 years of experience in a managerial role.
- Must hold a CSP certification or 15 years of safety experience.
- Must possess a working knowledge of safety rules and regulations at all levels of government, including Federal, State and local.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in both line and matrix organizations.
- Experience in the use of data analytics and evaluation tool to monitor performance, evaluate trends and utilize the information to support programs and solutions.
- Proven track record of building effective relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace and team-oriented environment.
- Process-driven, highly motivated, excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite to include, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel5-10%.