$47K - $52K
Posted on 08/08/17 by Penny Camparone
Less than 5 years experience
Manufacturing / Diversified
$47K - $52K
Posted on 08/08/17 Penny Camparone
Are you a Bi-Lingual Industrial Safety Coordinator looking for a new 3rd shift opportunity in the Carrollton, TX area?
Salary: $47K – 52K
Top reasons to work with us?
- Our client produces superior aluminum extrusion products and services that provides our customers with a competitive advantage.
- Competitive pay and benefit package
What you will be doing?
- EHS experience within a manufacturing or metals fabrication environment.
- Promotes a safety culture that supports and encourages employees to go beyond the call of duty to identify unsafe conditions and behaviors and are comfortable intervening to correct inappropriate behaviors and concerns.
- Identify and evaluate detrimental working conditions and makes adjustments to safeguard employee health
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine root causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Conduct audits, incident investigations, and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment, and materials
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices and correct handling techniques for chemicals, equipment, and other materials. Maintain training records.
- Issue safety equipment to employees, ensures employees are properly fitted and trained on proper equipment usage
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and all applicable federal, state, and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety rules and regulations
- Inspect organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and ensure measures have been implemented
- Oversee facility safety committee, maintain records of meetings and participants, assure issues discussed in the meetings are addressed through prompt follow-up
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies. Review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work an off shift required
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Physical Science/ Engineering or a related technical field preferred
- 30 Hour OSHA Certification or equivalent required
- Current certifications or in pursuit of any of the following certifications are preferred: OHST, ASP, CSP
- Three years minimum of related safety experience; or equivalent combination of experience and educationrequired