Safety Compliance Coordinator - Richmond, Virginia United States- # 9003
Date:01/30/2018 Relocation Paid:Negotiable Will relocate from: Nationwide Yearly Employment Type:Full Time / Direct Hire Degree Required:University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 YearDegree -
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
Provide Safety, Compliance, & Process Safety support for the Ammonium Sulfate Value Stream and act as liaison with HSE and PSM organizations on site-wide initiatives. Lead efforts to improve area safety performance by developing and facilitating the execution of safety improvement plans. Provide technical expertise, mentoring and coaching for area personnel including contractors.
- Provide Safety and PSM support for area, including:
- Develop and implement effective processes for area compliance responsibilities (life critical auditing, safety training, RFC management)
- Approve RFCs for HSE, including Pre-Startup Safety Reviews
- Identify gaps in Safety and PSM processes and develop plans with area leadership
- Coach and mentor on Safety and PSM compliance within all levels of organization
- Tracking and communicating Safety performance within the area
- Ensuring investigations and corrective actions for IMPACTS are completed
- Conduct regular Gemba?s with area personnel
- Develop and maintain any area specific Safety standards, policies, and guidance documents
- Develop agendas and materials for monthly safety meetings
- Lead the development of area specific Safety Improvement Plans.
- Communicate and track plans to ensure execution by all responsible
- Develop area communication strategies for area safety concerns and provide feedback to HSE and PSM Departments on plant-wide initiatives
- In coordination with Area Trainer, strengthen HSE training programs within the assigned area
- Lead area Kaizens with teams on Safety improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar field
- 2+ yearsexperience in an Industrial manufacturing environment
- Chemical manufacturing experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence individuals at all levels of an organization
- Excellent coach and motivator of people; inspires by example, unwavering commitment to safety
- Proven leadership skills, strong teamwork and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data and communicate key trends
- Experience working within a unionized environment is a plus
- Strong computer skills in general usage and MS Office software
- MUST be US Citizen or Perm Resident