Uses expert technical and behavioral knowledge to plan and conduct multiple, medium-to-large, important projects and programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety and health statutes and regulations. Required to provide consultative direction to managers and supervisors for actions and decisions. Required to conduct important safety and health related investigations requiring the application of improvement technology concepts and new approaches in the field. Will provide compliance based training to the customers we serve utilizing the ADDIE process (analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation). Responsible to recognize, monitor and make recommendations to ensure workplace safety hazards are corrected through audits, ergonomic assessments and interventions ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies rules. This position will primarily serve an Xcel Delivery area, but may be assigned work cross-business unit as necessary. The primary reporting location for this position will be Amarillo, TX.
- Provide technical safety and health consulting services to Xcel clients. Responsibilities include recognition, evaluation and recommendations for minimizing employee injuries/illnesses through hazard identification, accident investigation, ergonomic assessments and review of accident history.
- Monitor and interpret federal, state, and local safety and health rules and regulations which impact the business units and author and communicate Xcel safety and health policies based on those rules and regulations.
- Develop effective safety and health programs and annual safety action plans in partnership with the respective business unit(s) and local union(s).
- Develop training lesson plan content, maintain instructorqualifications, and provide regulatory compliance training to Xcel personnel as is regulatory required and/or customer requested.
- Provide technical consulting services to areas within Xcel which include recognition, evaluation and recommendations designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Provide safety and health audits and deliver feedback to business unit management on their accident elimination programs and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain professional expertise by attending professional development conferences and maintain all professional certifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Business, Engineering, Physical or Natural Sciences (6 years of related experience or Certification of Completion of Apprenticeship may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years related work experience (Advanced Safety Certificate, a CSP or a CUSA would substitute for the experience)
- Demonstrated skills in technical writing, verbal communications, oral communications/presentations, and negotiations