Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. We are growing and adding a Safety and Security Director position to our corporate office team located in Hollywood, Maryland.
This position will require the Safety and Security Director to manage and lead all aspects of National Industrial Security Programs by providing management and oversight to all security programs and serve as the principle security advisor on all security matters by providing guidance, direction, coordination, and oversight to programs and personnel as well as lead all aspects of safety standards within Smartronix. This will be accomplished through leading the following responsibilities to be accomplished by the Safety and Security Team:
- Provide security management oversight for Corporate Headquarters and off-site facilities located throughout the country.
- Responsible for all security operations to include: compliance, physical security, personnel, clearance processing, industrial security, visit & badge requests, DD 254s, DSS interface, building security, access & key control, document control, NISPOM compliance, JPAS, security training & awareness, workplace violence, safety & compliance, proprietary information, proposal efforts, budget management, performance & assessment reviews.
- Provide leadership by managing, developing, training and mentoring FSOs, AFSOs and safety and security team, including dotted-line team members performing collateral security duties.
- Responsible for oversight of all DoD Compliance Reviews / Assessments as well as self-inspections while Developing and implementing improved methods of inspections, audits, and analysis of security functions to determine performance and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for oversight of submittal of Facility Clearance requests (FCLs) for new locations and subcontracting partners.
- Primary liaison with Defense Security Services (DSS), Industrial Security Representatives (ISR) and primary contact with FBI, Department of Defense (DoD), National Security Agency (NSA), and various other agencies.
- Investigating and reporting security violations / adverse information reports with the cognizant government agencies while working closely with Program Managers, Employee Services, and other management to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Development and execution of all security awareness and educational & training programs. Coordinates all security briefings, debriefings, and security events.
- Knowledgeable on international requirements to include: Government to Government shipments, Foreign Visitor requirements and Export Compliance.
- Manage all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Provides prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD254s and security guidance.
- Develop all Security Policy & Procedures (manuals, SOPs, SPPs, TCPs, OPSEC plans, Emergency Plans, etc.)
- Oversight of various security related databases (ISFD, JPAS, NISS, e-QIP’s, STEPP, SWFT, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains physical security systems, facility protection, contingency plans and emergency response. Also services as lead for Crisis Management to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Provide security guidance to company personnel and advise Program Managers and Senior Management in a consultative manner.
- Active involvement in SMISAG chapter and regular networking with local security professionals in SOMD region.
- Oversee company’s COMSEC program with knowledge of the DIAS system to ensure accurate tracking of controlled COMSEC items and compliance with NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16.
- Lead Workers' Compensation and OSHA requirements.
- Partner with facilities for annual building system inspections such as fire alarms, sprinklers, etc.
- Ensure employees know emergency procedures in offices.
- Some travel required to Smartronix offices.
- Partner with other Smartronix leadership to build and manage a company SCIF.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead a team of safety and security professionals.
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, directives, and procedures.
- Ability to manage complex situations with various interested parties.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence people and processes in remote geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence security posture and practices through positive relationships with colleagues and be viewed as a consultative/educational resource.
More than 15 years of direct DoD industrial security management experience.
Receipt of Cogswell Award through individual/direct action and responsibility.
Understanding of DSS's Defense in Transition (DiT) mission and purpose.
Thorough knowledge of the NISPOM.
Active Top Secret Clearance.
Demonstrated knowledge of SCIF management.
Completion of FSO Possessing Curricula through the Center for Development of Security Excellence.