Safety and Recruiting Manager
The Safety and Recruiting manager's main focus is to manage all aspects of DOT compliance for our fleet of CDL drivers. In addition to Safety Compliance, this person will hire and retain entire driver base. The Primary responsibilities of this position are to lead and manage towards the safest workplace and practices possible.
- Identify, establish, and/or maintain the safety training requirements for company DOT Policies
- Provide expertise on accident investigations and incidents and provide guidance to supervisory staff.
- Summarize all accidents by completing cause analysis and subsequent description.
- Provide immediate notifications and updates of serious accidents and incidents to the Leadership and or owners.
- Ensure that we operate in full accordance with the FMCSR and stays current with changes; provides updates on such.
- Ensures that our CSA scores and the associated BASIC information are accurate; offers recommendations and action plan based on data and trends or inaccuracies.
- Responsible for all driver hiring and retention
- Lead in the standards of the driver hiring and monitors the standards through audits and evaluations of the assigned parties.
- Serve as a resource to review and offer input and approval on driver applicants relative to their past employment and driving record.
- Lead efforts to ensure driver safety performance
- Manage the company's DOT random drug and alcohol program.
- Complete, or assist in the completion of, requiredreporting and record keeping (e.g. the EPA SmartWay program).
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure DQ file accuracy and proper file maintenance.
- 5+ years experiencewith DOT Regulations and safety administration in trucking, or warehousing environment
- 2+ years experience in driver hiring in trucking
- Technology Strong with complete computer literacy
- TMS Software (TMW Systems) with application experience is desirable
Job Type: Full-time
- recruiting CDL truck drivers: 1year
- safety training requirements: 1year
- DOT Regulations: 1year
- Trenton, NJ