Safety and Compliance Manager
Kreilkamp Trucking Inc., has an opening for a Safety and Compliance Supervisor that is responsible for providing leadership in the implementation of the companies' efforts to plan, implement and supervise the onsite corporate safety programs and ensure compliance to all federal and state regulations.
- Identifies, monitors and ensures compliance with regulations (OSHA, DOT, and EPA). Monitors federal, state and local legislation.
- Supervises and manages the design, implementation and coordination of training plans for all Company employees (individually and collectively) on safety related issues.
- Documents and implements required or desired changes to all companies? safety programs.
- Controls hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee practices through site visits, safety plans and education of all supervisory/safety personnel.
- Reviews documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted per established procedures.
- Researches new regulations and developments in the field of Health and Safety and updates current programs accordingly.
- Manages the Claims process necessary to oversee and settle accident/injury claims in a timely, cost-effective and equitable manner, including the review and/or investigation of all accidents and cooperation with all regulatory agents who may call at the scene of an accident.
- Reports accidents and/or claims to appropriate regulatory agencies as required.
- Conducts and/or oversees Safety Committee Meetings
- Communicates safety data to management for identifying possible trends.
- Provides reports on established safety metrics.
- Attends appropriate training to ensure professional development in the safety field.
- Ensures all work rules are followed. Including 14 hour, 10 hour, and 34 hour rules.
- Supervises compliance management.
- Ensures driver retraining on HOS if needed.
- Monitors Driver hours of service incentive pay.
- Provides weekly status of HOS and CSA compliance, to the management team.
- Develops and maintains a driverretention program.
- Coordinates training of drivers on hours of service, accident procedures, driver wellness and Compliance Safety Accountability program.
- Facilitates, maintains and monitors driver drug and alcohol consortium for Kreilkamp Trucking and subsidiaries. Completes all necessary related documentation and monitors all percentages being tested.
- Educates/retrains individual or groups of drivers related to changes in HOS rules or violations.
- Conducts work area inspections and assists in personal injury investigations.
- Leads the development of action plans to reduce workplace injuries.
- Complies with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations..
- Participates in the yearly review of the food safety system.
- Assists in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 2years college educationrequired, preferring Bachelors degree in related field.
- Completion of DOT & OSHA Compliance training.
- Warehouse & transportation industry experience a MUST including Dispatch, Driving, Product Handling, Maintenance, and Administration. Familiarity with relevant current and pending Government Regulations.
- Supervisory and/or management experiencerequired.
- Experiencewith regulatory agencies required (DOT, OSHA, etc.).
- CSA, HOS, MCS150 and DATIA extensive experiencepreferred.
- At least seven years experience in transportation and safety required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and maintain multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated, strong computer & organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package with401(k) Match.
Job Type: Full-time
- CSA, HOS, MCS150 and DATIA: 1year
- DOT / OSHA: 2years