Safeguards & Security (SAS) Planning & Assurance Professional
• Provides technical expertise associated with the development and operation of assigned programs and provides advice and assistance for the development and operation of programs managed by others.
• Responsible for all elements of comprehensive program(s), including analysis and interpretation of regulations, laws, and orders; development of company policies and procedures; coordinating detailed strategic plans; performance of structured risk/vulnerability assessments; development of DOE and/or external client approved program plans; and support to line organizations relative to Security program requirements.
• Manages the assigned topical area/program(s) that has increasing levels of complexity, including cross-directorate engagement, and involves medium to high risk and/or strategic business impact to PNNL.
• Accountable to the SASD Program Planning and Management manager, works as a subject matter expert on assigned programs, and coordinates/interacts closely with other SASD groups to execute effective, compliant assignments/programs in accordance with internal and external client expectations.
• Assigned the development and implementation of compliant incident of security concern program and 10 CFR Part 824 and other Program Planning and Management activities; serves as a Subject Matter Expert in these areas.
• Establishes and maintains liaison relationships by networking with PNNL management and staff, DOE, Field Intelligence Element (FIE), and other contractors to foster integration, best practices, and meet division goals; often serves as consultant to senior management.
• Leads mentoring and training of senior staff succession candidates; inspires commitment and grows the skills of others; may provide oversight of other staff and contractor work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience or an advanced degree and 9+ years of relevant experience.
• Professional license and/or certification may be preferred.
• Solid technical background in the assigned programs, including broad expertise or unique knowledge.
• Ability to successfully communicate, integrate, and coordinate with internal staff, stakeholders, and external customers and effectively guide and mentor staff.
• Ability to identify trends and impacts, use innovative ideas to enhance business results and influence policy, and set direction across national organizations within the area of expertise.
• Ability to use skills to contribute to the development of organization objectives, programs, and principles.
• Ability to apply and/or develop advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
• Ability to lead interdisciplinary teams dealing with issues related to expertise.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307300