• Lead client teams in their agile and SAFe adoption and improvement journey as a SAFe Agile Coach at the team and/or program levels
• Partner with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile teams, and management, as well as other Agile Coaches to enhance agile application and delivery practices to support teams and release trains.
• Implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability
• Assess and communicate team-level agile adoption progress against coaching, improvement, and change roadmaps
• Help implement organizational change using Lean and Agile principles
• Proactively manage issues and mitigate risk
• Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns
• Mentor clients, work at clients independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of less experienced consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery
• Build client knowledge and credibility quickly
• Mentor and lead client-coaches to develop their skills in scaling Agile.
• When not working as an agile coach, may work as a ScrumMaster, Product Owner, or software delivery expert for Slalom-built solutions.
• 3+ years of experience in Agile as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Project, Product or Program manager
• One or more Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO). SAFe certifications (SA, SP, SPC4) highly desirable.
• Demonstrate the empathy, concern for others, egolessness, practicality and patience that makes it possible to be an effective agent-of-change for individuals, teams and organizations.
• Must be able to explain, facilitate assess and improve the practices and ceremonies commonly associated with SAFe and Scrum methods, which includes essential backlog & requirements management, development and testing practices in addition to the minimum specified in the Scrum Guide.
• Must be able to explain, facilitate, assess and improve the practices and ceremonies commonly associated with the Kanban method, which includes value stream analysis, backlog management, stop-the-line event management and performance tuning in addition to basic Kanban board and work-in-progress management.
• Must be able to present instructional material effectively and personably, creating a stimulating and energizing experience for the student. Should be about to organize and describe subject knowledge in the form of course slideware, diagrams and exercises.
• Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
• Familiarity with ALM tools (e.g. Agile Central, VSTS, JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
• Experience of mentoring cross-functional teams and influencing without authority
• Experience leveraging lean change management techniques to optimize delivery
• Ability to assess and communicate progress against coaching, improvement, and change roadmaps
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels.