$80K — $100K *
The Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today’s military member, veterans and their families.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Regional Program Manager - Mobile for our Gulfport, MS location.
The Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Regional Program Manager - Mobile manages and administers the delivery of American Red Cross services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans, and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments.
Mobile positions will require 6-7 month deployments to any military base around the world every 1-2 years. See additional criteria below.
1. Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management: Manages a volunteer program to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery Management: Ensures the consistent delivery of the SAF core services to all clients in their area.
• Coordinates services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, and morale items and support.
• Ensures community outreach, to include command meetings and education briefings, presentations, or workshops.
• Ensures a strong military community outreach program and implementation of special events and projects in support of SAF initiatives.
• Manages support services to military members and their families to include family follow-up information and referrals; and other related services. Provides support for the emergency communications center with local information, as appropriate.
• Ensures military and veteran community is offered resiliency training.
4. Financial and Reporting Management: Manages expenditures to ensure programs are operating within budget to support SAF programs and services. Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
CONUS (United States and territories):
• Works closely with Regional Volunteer Manager to develop and implement a regional SAF volunteer program.
• Partners with the Regional communication team to support strong visibility for SAF in the community.
• May oversee International Services.
OCONUS (overseas military locations):
• Develops and implements a strategic volunteer engagement plan.
• Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff and management of all related human resources functions including recruitment, training, utilization, evaluation and recognition in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures.
• Manages financial and administrative functions in accordance with policies and procedures of American Red Cross.
• Manages the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response, resiliency programs with Red Cross support to the Armed Forces Blood Services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience in program management or related field is required.
Managerial Experience: A minimum of 1 year of successful supervisory experience is required.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services are desired.
Travel: Regional travel required; valid driver's license required.
For Mobile positions:
• U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and a no-fee U.S. passport.
• Worldwide mobility is a condition of employment and an essential function of this position. Must accept work assignments anywhere in the world, including conflict areas, where the American Red Cross is providing services to members of the military and their families.
• Must meet strict medical and physical requirements, including immunizations required by the U.S. military.
• May be required to wear military uniforms, and live and work in harsh and stressful environment in conflict areas.
• Periodically accompanies the military on deployments.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 4/25/2021