Metallic Saas Engineer Tier 1
Remote - USA (New Jersey)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
The Metallic SaaS Support Engineer (MSSE) provides troubleshooting and issue resolution to our customer base. This role works with the customer on issues when using the Metallic SaaS Platform. This involves working on issues remotely using remote assistance tools, phone/e-mail, and properly documenting all work performed. The MSSE will engage a Tier 2 to guarantee resolution of any product issues. The MSSE is responsible for meeting or exceeding SLA targets. This position reports directly to a Customer Support Associate Manager.
• Analyze and resolve complex product and customer issues utilizing log files, crash dumps, and lab environments.
• Engage and assist customers to reach decisive & consistently satisfactory outcomes via phone, email, and remote session. Document all observations and work performed in a clear and detailed format, with timely status updates / follow-ups to customers and management as required. Ensure the success and satisfaction of our customers
• Reproduce / Confirm customer issues or product defects, and submit to Development for immediate or future consideration (as appropriate).
• Reproduce / Confirm customer issues or infrastructure related issues and submit to our Metallic Infrastructure Engineering team for resolution.
• Perform root cause analysis on incidents, which clearly and succinctly articulate the primary / secondary causes, associated timelines and remediation.
• Articulate and communicate technical concepts and issue solutions to customers
• The Metallic SaaS Support Engineer reports to a Customer Support Associate Manager and Customer Support Manager. The MSSE collaborates heavily with their peer team members and the Support Expertise Team.
• 3+ years of technical support experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field or corresponding experience equaling 4 year degree preferred.
• Advanced administration and troubleshooting skills in Windows server environments.
• Strong experience with system network troubleshooting (i.e.TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls, etc.).
• Dynamic and structured approach to troubleshooting, customer engagements and general productivity.
• Ability to pass on technical knowledge by creating structured learning material and explaining concepts through informal formats such as whiteboard sessions.
• Knowledge or experience with Cloud Storage
• Previous experience with backup software such as VEEAM, Cohesity or other SaaS backup products.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Valid through: 1/24/2022
$200K — $250K *
15 days ago