****This Position is Located in Downtown Washington, DC****
The Director, Product Operations, will drive platform management, quality assurance, R&D, and integrations to service a portfolio of systems and products. The incumbent will drive product operations through system automation, analytics, and reporting and effective partnerships with product managers, IT, and executive leadership. This position will be responsible for quality assurance, platform management, system integrations, R&D efforts, and cross-product analytics and reporting. The incumbent will proactively create the conditions for more, higher-quality products and services to be created and enhanced with the best market fit. This position will manage a team of quality assurance, R&D, integrations, and platform specialists responsible for servicing existing and new products and services for multiple markets in support of the mission of the other APA.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required, with an advanced degree in computer or information science preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience required in the information, research, publishing, or software development industry, in either an operations- or product-oriented role.
- Must have a deep understanding of the product development lifecycle.
- 1-3 years of experience managing staff required.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams required.
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies, rapid prototyping, and reporting and tracking tools • required.
- Knowledge of Pragmatic Marketing processes desired.
Computer Skills Required:
- Document creation and management software- Advanced
- Financial and spreadsheet software- Advanced
- Presentation software- Advanced
- Communication and collaboration program- Advanced
- Survey/market research tools User Analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI)- Advanced
- Roadmapping tools User Agile development and management methodologies and tools (eg, JIRA, LeanKit, Confluence, Trello)- Advanced
- Services a portfolio of products, services, and systems across multiple units and markets.
- Manages remote and in-house staff with platform development, integrations, quality assurance, R&D, process, and business management expertise.
- Develops systems for analyzing and reporting feature, initiative, and product development progress.
- Conducts and interprets process and market research to deliver a clear operational strategy in support of growth.
- Works with product managers and IT to prioritize, re-prioritize, and track the items within product roadmaps as external/internal conditions change.
- Identifies and contracts external resources and systems where needed.
- Supervises, standardizes, and maximizes quality assurance, R&D, and integration processes.
- Determines the best methodology for capturing progress and resource assignment across initiatives and products.
- Other Duties as Assigned:
- Supervisory Responsibility: Hires, trains, coaches, manages and evaluates performance of 4+ direct reports. Approves direct reports' timesheets and PTO in HRIS.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.