PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst for S&T provides analytical support and process leadership within the overall FP&A Team. Specific to S&T, this individual will be responsible to lead the forecasting, budgeting, LRP, and reporting aspects for several segments of the S&T organization. The FP&A Analyst gathers data, provides analytics, and prepares recommendations on key projects and S&T initiatives. Opportunities exist to gain experience with multiple systems, the capital process, intercompany transactions, monthly closing, interacting with manufacturing sites, and insight into the development of new company innovations. A key skill will be the ability to collaborate with and financially guide multiple S&T teams, likely in both the corporate and business operations.
- Tell the near and long-term story of the group’s spending to internal stakeholders.
- Provide decision support through financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for complex financial projects/subjects
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure achievement of targeted financial performance.
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Participate in the development of strategic and operational objectives that are aligned to Company strategic objectives.
- Drive the proliferation of usage and analysis using the Business Information system as a “power user.”
Create accurate forecasts while managing clear, controlled reporting and analysis.
- Lead financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Monitor the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team and Shared Services.
- Provide in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
- Drive group forecasting process through collaboration.
- Provide risk analysis for contingency planning.
- Provide insightful analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Apply external perspective and knowledge to current environment.
- Meet monthlyreporting timelines and needs.
Communicate financial performance clearly and with impact
- Provide concise and effective reporting of financial results in a timely manner.
- Translate the strategic and operational plans into communications to a broad based audience.
Work across the Company and Corporate Functions
- Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Act as a resource to the non-financial leaders by teachingfinancial acumen and business information concepts to ensure thatfinancial based decision-making occurs throughout the corporation.
Maintain an effective financial controls environment.
- Support the process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financialreporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Maintain a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls.
- Solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning.
- Raise all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the Financial Leader.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of finance and analytical acumen.
- Costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management is required.
- Progressive financial analysisexperience in a manufacturing/corporate environment.
- Demonstrated process focused and organized work style.
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Experience with SAP, Business Information, and Business Objects EPM or similar systems required.
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions.
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions.
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages.
- Must be a self-starter, be an active participant on teams, and proactively meet with internal or external customers to meet their needs.
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately.
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting priorities.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action.
- Enjoys keeping score.
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas.
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms.
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view.