The Real World Data and Analytics position integrates data management and analytics skills with computational background to significantly impact the delivery of the RWE&CO projects. The incumbent will support the development and maintenance of applications used for design, analysis, and reporting purposes and he/she will secure the maintenance of observational data obtained via primary data collection or license of secondary data sources, as well as de-identified clinical trial data.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A RWE Data Analyst will collaborate with RWE Investigators and Analytics on the analysis and interpretation of specific epidemiological/outcomes research studies where the RWE DA will have responsibilities across data management, statistical input, and execution of analysis for specific epidemiological/outcomes research studies. He/She will need to be able to work independently on these efforts and work with other Analytics team members to provide rapid, thorough and creative data and analytics solutions.
This role requires taking on a range of activities:
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with statisticians, modelers, pharmacometricians, translational scientists, RWE investigators, Advance Analytics and IT partners bringing a deep understanding of the available data and core statistical approaches and visualization tools.
- Maintain a keen awareness of developments in data technologies, analytics, methods and systems.
- Be a go-to person for data processing, traditional statistical and analytics platform support.
- Hands on implementation of analytical solutions, data access, and management technologies.
- Present internally and externally on a regular basis on data solutions and applications.
- Provide technical and analytical expertise, coupled with knowledge of disease or human biology.
- Bachelors + 3 yrs experience or Masters + 1 yrs or PhD in relevant area, or similar mix of aptitude for learning and scientific research)
- Experience using basic and advanced epidemiologic statistics, with experience with claim and electronic health records preferred
- Experience with SAS and other programming languages e.g. S-Plus, R, python and an ability to learn new programming languages desired.
- Familiar with cloud and high-performance computing environments (AWS, GCP)