The ideal candidate must possess the ability to manage and motivate a team of Account Executives (AE's) to achieve individual sales quotas where targets will be prospects within our core verticals (Real Estate, Education, Not for Profit, Financial Services, Healtchare) . This sales leader must be able to measure, monitor and hold AE's accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. They are also are required to assist in making account calls with AE's, assist in account health monitoring, and effectively maintain DocuSign's value within accounts as well as deliver and coach Sales Demo's via GoTo Meeting tool. This leader should mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They are also responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts, customer satisfaction, churn and delivering on quota.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the VP, Commercial Verticals.
- Grow DocuSign GNMRR within the corporate sales account install base
- Daily management of Account Executive sales team
- Develops & executes upgrade/renewal process & strategies and ensures compliance to internal data management & reporting including use of Salesforce.com
- Assesses sales activities & forecasts to determine sales progress & required improvements. Recommends & implements improvements to achieve sales goals.
- Coach salespeople to develop their sales skills including vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Maintain/protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members & leading by example.
- Provides value in complex negotiations & the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales & Corporate Executives to maximize results
- Work with each AE to develop & implement vertical-wide business & sales plans to achieve sales quota
- Ensures the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in alignment with Rules of Engagement.
- Communicates & prioritizes product & business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments.
- Identifies & supports opportunities for the training & professional development of department personnel.
- Provides the sales team an effective sales executive to leverage in the sales cycle.
- Operates well in a fast paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision.
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of management experience with specific experience in selling software
- Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue & exceed quota by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, & vertical market plans.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, & occasionally, unprecedented.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new, creative ways to drive more businesses to purchase & utilize DocuSign's diverse solution suite.