Bryan’s Rural Health Mission, Presence and Commitment:
To advance the health of the individuals in our region through collaboration with physicians and communities.
Presence and Commitment:
- Build an Awarenesswith Nebraskans and their neighbors in the advancement of health.
- Depth and Breadth of our commitment includes the Bryan Rural Division, Heartland Health Alliance, Bryan Medical Center CAH Network and Bryan Telemedicine.
- Establish Bryan Health as an innovator of best practices in rural health supported through a social media presence.
- Position Bryan Health as a leader in improving the health of our state by issuing white papers of proven partnerships of trust with physicians and communities.
What will your workday look like?
The Rural Division Improvement Officer is responsible for soliciting, securing, engaging, and maintaining relationships with rural division owned, managed, affiliated, and client hospitals in the specialties of collaborative performance improvement, peer review, population health & value based care. The Rural Division Improvement Officer will also supervise the areas of Physician Recruitment, Peer Review and Continued Medical Education.
How will you qualify?
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Information Management or related field required. Minimum of three (3) years progressively work experience providing all aspects of physician practice and leadership functions required. Five (5) years of prior management experience required. Extensive travel, approximately 3-5 days per week, within 120 miles radius including night or early morning meetings, as needed.
- Must be an effective communicator, with the ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to work in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Must have knowledge of ongoing healthcare trends.
- Must have knowledge of performance improvement, budgetary and financial methods and practices.
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles including patient accounting practices, coding and collections, third party payer regulations, quality improvement processes and corporate compliance plans.
- Must have knowledge of management and leadership principles and practices.
- Skill in conflict diffusion and resolution.
- Skill in coaching and mentoring leaders.
- Skill in public speaking and leading teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make operational and management decisions in response to changing conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and medical staff.
- Ability to develop written policies and procedures, memoranda and performance evaluations with measurable behaviors.
- Ability to problem solve and engage independent critical thinking skills.
What will you be doing with your time?
- Develops, markets, and facilitates fee based consulting, client acquisition, and education services as subject matter expert.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and consulting on all aspects of operations and strategy to facilitate operational turnarounds, operational optimization, special projects, or embedded leadership within subject matter expertise on behalf of Bryan Health.
- Consults on project work related to operational turnarounds or ongoing service relationships including:
- Peer Review – new and existing clients,
- Physician collaboration peer review,
- Grant Relationships,
- Practice workflow redesign,
- Lean consulting,
- Value based care consulting, and
- Performance improvement cohorts and collaborative
- Leads Credentialing/Peer Review Client Group including the delivery of programs to ensure credentialing, peer review, and revenue cycle evidence-based practice among our clients and HHA members.
- Supervises the activities and personnel functions of the Physician Services including Recruitment, Medical Education, and Peer Review, screens, hires, schedules, orients, trains, disciplines and evaluates all office personnel including monthly onsite rounding visits.
Req # 15450