PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Responsible for dairy and beef product planning throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, assisting with defining the product vision, and working closely with the Ruminant Marketing Manager to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager position also includes ensuring each product supports the company’s overall ruminant sales strategy and goals.
Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Product Management – Responsible for managing the product life cycle of Diamond V products in the ruminant category, including but not limited to:
- Oversight of product positioning for current and new dairy and beef technologies.
- Manage technical aspects of research information development.
- Work closely with Regulatory teams to ensure compliance in product positioning, labeling and packaging.
- Work in conjunction with Ruminant Marketing Manager in development and delivery of timely training and launch materials related to product category.
- Product Development - Lead efforts to identify future technology trends that can create opportunities for new products, product extensions, and new services:
- Provide market, industry, and competitive analysis, along with positioning and pricing strategy, for ruminant-based products in the same space.
- Work closely with New Product Development to identify and prioritize new opportunities.
- Align with Ruminant Marketing Manager on market opportunities.
- Technical Collateral – Lead the development of beef and dairy technical collateral plus corresponding Power Point information. Assist Ruminant Marketing Manager with the development and implementation of marketing strategies, sales tools and traditional collateral for Diamond V’s global dairy and beef programs.
- Ruminant Research – Marketing liaison for ruminant research, providing on-going dialogue and status into research efforts and participate in ruminant research meetings.
- Communications – Enhance awareness of Diamond V’s ruminant product offering by developing successful relationships with global distributor partners to ensure adoption of ruminant portfolio products. Utilize Diamond V e-newsletters, Company website, customer visits, seminars and training events as communication vehicles.
- Training & Development - Participate in sales & technical training events to raise awareness of Diamond V’s ruminant product portfolio. Work with distributor partners to assure each is in compliance with dairy and beef product messaging.
- Tradeshow/Conference - Supports planning & development of ruminant tradeshow and technical conferences.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Effectiveness of summarizing and disseminating technical information to customers at all levels of the distribution chain.
- Develop effective working relationships and communication within the company, universities, customers, and industry.
- Prompt and effective service response to both internal and external customers.
- Soundness of operational decisions.
- Demonstrates Diamond V’s Core Values.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any of the following fields: Animal Science, Agricultural Business, or Marketing.
- 5 or more years of experience in marketing,
- Travel Up to 25% of the time
- Must have valid drivers license and passport.
- Masters or higher degree in Animal Science, Agricultural Business, or Marketing Experience with Marketing and Business Analysis
- Knowledge or experience in dairy and/or beef production
- 5 or more years of product marketing experience
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with others and foster strong working relationships
- Communication skills - demonstrate capability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to complete assignments under deadline to meet project demands
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-faceted organization
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at industry activities
- Maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information
- Must be flexible in dealing with a wide variety of demands and changes in the scope of responsibilities of the position