Right now, our biggest project is our need to scale as we are growing extremely rapidly (over 13M members and growing by thousands each day).
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to do that kind of work on a real world app. You'll also be able to mentor a few team members on our team.
- Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, Redshift, jQuery, Objective-C, Swift, Java, AWS
- Web, iPhone, iPad, Android
For a taste of what ToMo
Engineering can be - here are some projects the engineering team have conquered thus far:
- Automated self-optimizing image conversion algorithm
- Proprietary email and push marketing platform that handles over 2k email sends per second
- In-house warehouse, inventory, and transportation management platforms
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with our designers, product people, and other engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Perform user testing, A/B testing, and other continuous improvement projects
- Persuasively communicate ideas with the team
- Execute on non-trivial projects independently with minimal supervision, and together with others on teams
- Drive the direction of the product and make a meaningful impact on what the company delivers
- Build an e-commerce platform unlike any other!
What you bring to this role:
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails in production environments (extra points for using Redis in a non-trivial way too)
- BS in Computer Science and/or adequate professional experience (3+ years industry experience)
- Experience participating in a web development team at a start-up or in a start-up environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills that lend themselves to a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Mobile experience is a plus
- AWS, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering experience are a major plus