The Challenge You Get to Accomplish
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer…from anywhere. Come work within the F5aaS team in an exciting, fast past environment charting the course for F5’s future. You’ll get to build cloud native services for all major private and public cloud environments to help protect and accelerate cloud based applications. Come join a dynamic team using F5 IP, various open-source platforms, public cloud IaaS services, and demonstrating your own skills. Build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for our excellent culture.
We are seeking a Ruby Developer to join our development efforts in our incubation team. If you thrive in meaningful contributions to a growing company, share your knowledge while learning from others, and be challenged daily in a dynamic environment, come chat with us! You should be passionate, creative, flexible, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy pursuing complex technical problems.
- Develop within the Ruby on Rails framework
- Help develop an initial idea into a working software component as well as the opportunity to work on both front and back end components in the system to deliver consistent software interfaces and consistent user interfaces
- You will be playing a key role in the development of standard methodologies in software design, implementation, and coding standards (TDD using Rspec and Capybara or similar for writing both unit and functional tests)
- Work in a collaborative and cross-functional environment with other dynamic members from other teams, such as Operations and Sales, to transform feature requests into technical requirements
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Experience with various testing frameworks (Cucumber, Selenium, etc)
- Motivation and willingness to learn about a new business domain and be willing to explore new technologies and trends
- Experienced delivering enterprise software
- Knowledge regarding website design and usability
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical peers
What You Need to Have
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.